To be accepted onto any of our courses trainees will need to demonstrate evidence of the following qualities, or the potential for developing them:
- Self-awareness, maturity and stability.
- Ability to make use of and reflect upon life experience.
- Capacity to cope with the emotional demands of counselling training.
- Ability to cope with the intellectual and academic requirements.
- Ability to form a helping relationship.
- Ability to be self-reflective and use both positive and negative feedback.
- Awareness of the nature of prejudice and oppression.